Design, deployment and launch of a large scale multimedia project for Bunyodkor Stadioni built in Tashkent under patronate of President Islam Karimov. Lots of innovations and tight deadlines.
Large-scale project realized in short terms.
The multi-purpouse stadium with audience capacity for 34 000 viewers is the home ground for Tashkent's team Bunyodkor. The modern sports venue on the territory of 56 ha includes 7 contemporary football fields, youth football school, a pool, rooms for sportsmen, judges, coaches, administrators, press room, club museum, three restaurants and a fitness center. The stadium is equipped with audio system and lighting, in the night time the facade beautifully lights up with a special system romantically named «Flame of the East».
In the summer 2012 we were briefed to build a multimedia complex for professional media coverage of the sports events, hosted by Bunyodkor. By that time we were awarede the status of UEFA Special Expert in terms of preparation to EURO 2012 because we designed and deployed media infrastructures for DONBASS ARENA and AREANA LVIV. Therefore our partner Broadcast Solutions subcontracted us in the Bunyodkor project.
- 35 camera positions with connection boxes for hybrid cameras, video and intercom
- termination panels for OB Van to literally plug and broadcast,
- 7 zones ready for live production: 1) pitch view studio, 2) press area, 3) mixed area, 4) flash interview, 5) TV studio. All fully equipped with broadcast quality lighting and connectors for cameras in all TV areas, including monitors and microphones,
- media control room with a broadcast router, video switcher, audio mixer and 2 graphics work stations.
- commentator's work places
- The stadium can produce 8 channels to distribute content through IPTV and 300 LED screens in the VIP lounges, catering‐ and ticket‐areas (high profile Digital Signage).
- fiber communication with Uzbekistan's National TV Company
- over 100 000 m cabling of various types
«We had only one month for project design," recalls Alexander Selyaninov, Commercial Director of VisionHOUSE. "The project consisted of two parts: 8-camera OB Van, provied by Broadcast Solutions, and media infrastructure fully subcontracted to us. We were a part of MacHOUSE at that time.»
The project was realized in 8 months. The technical specification included a passive cable intrastructure for 35 camera positions for hybrid cameras, video, audio and intercom; OB Van termination panel; commentators' work places; control room for media systems management with two graphics stations, video router, video switcher and audio mixer.
7 areas with broadcast quality lighting from Arri and Lowel: press room, flash interview, VIP lounge, panoramic studio, conference hall etc.
Besides, the stadium features IPTV system to deliver content through 8 channels to 300 LED screens based on Haivision and D-Link technologies. We provided complete fiber connection with Uzbekistan's National TV. The infrastructure includes over 100 000 m of various types of Draka cabling from Prysmian Group.
Ross Video CrossOver works in the heart of the media control room. The control room also features two graphics station Ross XPression 3D HD, Matrox multivieweres, JVC Professional monitors, Imagine Communications router, as well as solutions from Nevion, Blackmagic Design, LEMO and Norvia.
The multipurpouse statium hosts importatnt sports competitions, concerts, shows, and other spectacular events, and technology-rich media infrastructure provides excellent conditions to keep the high standards and professional requirements.
"It was our first big installation abroad," comments Alexander Selyaninov. "Exciting and useful experience for remote deployment under pressing deadlines. We provided trainings for equipment operators. We appreciate the customer's trust and fruitful collaboration and are really proud to be a part of this breakthrough project."